When I first started this blog a bit more than seven years ago it was with the intention of sharing the small, easy ways I found to entertain my then-3 year old. He was not in any sort of preschool or day care and I was always trying to find ways to keep him busy so I could sit down for just five minutes!
I was always Googling “how to keep your preschooler busy” or “easy toddler activities” and just the brain power it sometimes took to try and find simple ideas was a bit much for my sleep deprived self. A fellow blogger who shares my philosophy that simple activities are best and has created 4 spectacularly useful ebook resources for parents like me! (Note: links to the books are affiliate links. I genuinely believe that all parents will find these books useful.)
The reason I’m sharing these with you is because I wish I had them when my sons were younger! Oh my goodness, the help they would have been. And especially with the empty days of summer on the horizon.
There are 4 ebooks:
Here is what is in each ebook:
- Super useful tips of how to plan (although, really there is almost no planning involved in any of the ideas) and execute activities, including how to include differently aged siblings and tips for holding yourself accountable.
- 5 weeks of activity plans. 35 different activities in total for each book.
- A supply list, including alternatives to common materials.
- Blank planners.
- Extensive (I do not exaggerate — extensive) “Go To Lists” for 5 types of activities: fine motor, gross motor, simple art, easy crafts, nature, and family time.
- Further resources (not that you will even need them with all of these ideas – ha!)
I feel like I can not say enough, how USEFUL these activity plans are. Useful. Useful. Useful. (!!!)
Now my boys are ages 6 and 10. So technically they are older than the target audience, but since reading through the activities, I still found several I am going to set out for them. (However, if you don’t have kids under age 5, I recommend the Camp Mom ebook as an alternative.)
Jamie has a special deal if you want to get all 4 activity ebooks as a bundle. That’s a fab deal for parents with kids of different ages.
Click on the image for more information: