Bubble Bath Toy Car Wash

{Welcome! If you are visiting for the first time and don’t want to miss our all of our upcoming easy indoor activities for kids and reading suggestions, join us on our facebook page or sign up to have emails delivered to your inbox.}

Toy Car Wash with Soap Bubbles

Toy Car Wash

This is the easiest idea, and it keeps my son busy every time I set it up. Simply fill a pan or tray with warm soapy water (bubble bath or dish soap works), add cars and voilà! It also works with toy animals and if you like, add a sponge or scoop to extend the fun.

You’ll find more easy activities on our Giant List of Indoor Activities for Kids.

Let me help you find books for your kids and keep them (almost) effortlessly entertained. Receive a printable bookplate when you sign up for our Weekly-ish Newsletter.

You Can Also Follow Us On

Photobucket facebook Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

1. says

I love the car wash! And to the mom above, you may be surprised! Sometimes I take out or re-do something my daughters did as toddlers/preschoolers and they get all excited about it even though they are now 5 and 7!

2. says

We did thislast week with trains. Love the car wash idea. Might have to try that this week too. :) Thanks again for linking up to the Weekly Kid's Co-Op.

3. says

I love how sometimes the simplest ideas are the most popular. I’ll have to set up a washing station for my girls little ponies :)
    Thanks for sharing with me!

4. chepay says

Wow so love this idea about toy car wash. My kiddo loves to play with cars, this time I’m gonna try it with bubble bath.

5. Leslie says

This week my dramatic play theme is car wash. We will then take a little class trip to the real car wash at the end of the week.

• Mom and Kiddo says

Leslie: I love that idea. We don’t own a car but I should borrow one just to take the kids through a real car wash!

6. says

Do they still work well afterwards? It’s been my experience that those little hot wheels type cars never have their wheels spin very well again after they get wet, especially after sitting in water. Maybe other cars work better? Or, is there a trick I’m missing?

• Erica MomandKiddo says

I haven’t noticed a problem and the boys haven’t complained. The cars are Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. I suppose their could be a problem if left in the water too long?

Feed My Comment Addiction