Last week I shared my most popular children’s book lists of 2013 and in case you were disappointed that no children’s picture book lists made the top 10 of 2013, this post is especially for you. Picture Books deserve a shout out, too!
These are the posts you all liked best when it came to picture books. Although it could be argued that easy readers, poetry and fable collections don’t strictly follow the guidelines, I’m including them here.
If you are curious as to which was my favorite, it’s quite impossible for me to choose. I have a fondness for all of them. After all, I only choose topics I’m interested in.
- Irish Folktales. This was the first in my series of multicultural folktales. There are even more to come this year, so get ready!
- Books for Rowdy Girls (and Boys!)
- 15 Wonderful Wordless Books. I used to be wary of reading wordless books, but learned to love them. If you are also unsure about them, read my parent tips for “reading” wordless books.
- Classic Easy Readers. For more contemporary fare, you can take a peek at my choices for easy readers that won’t make you want to poke your eyes out.
- Favorite Books fo 2013, part 2
- 21 Picture Books with Diverse Characters (in everyday situations). I’m planning to continue the series of multicultural/diverse book lists in 2014. I also try to ensure all my lists have characters from diverse backgrounds (admittedly, some lists are more successful than others).
- Picture Book Biographies for Women’s History Month. Or anytime of the year, really.
- Haiku Poetry Books
- Books to Celebrate Unplugged Kids
- Books for Little Engineers and Inventors. I’m so glad this made the cut (just barely) because I loved the books in this collection!
Do you see your favorite above? Are there any topics you would like me to cover in 2014?