Move aside "trick-or-treat," Halloween brain teasers are a trick-and-a-treat!
These Halloween themed riddles and rebuses won't spook your kids, but they will make them laugh. The rebus puzzles will stretch their brains and make them think, putting their language and visual skills to the test. The riddles work on word play and puns. Who knew Halloween could be so educational?
How to Make Halloween Brain Teasers
- Print out the brain teasers
Get the printable version by filling out the following form. The pdf will fly over to your inbox, but don't let it sit there collecting cobwebs! Print it out!
- Here's the printable form:
After printing, cut out the individual riddles and rebuses.
Put on your thinking caps to solve the rebuses and laugh at the scary Halloween riddles!
How to Use the Halloween Brain Teasers
You could solve the rebuses all at once (answers at the bottom of this post) and tell each other the riddles in one giant giggle session, but here are some further suggestions. It's totally up to you!
- place them in Halloween party favor bags
- hand them out with other treats to trick-or-treaters
- use them in classroom Halloween parties or as brain breaks
- after cutting them apart put them in a jar and draw one out with your kids every morning during the run-up to Halloween
More printable rebuses!
Love rebuses? We've got a few more ideas for you, complete with free printables, of course.
Answers to rebuses: candy, pumpkin patch, scarecrow, dress up, werewolf, ghost town, full moon, witching hour.