Neighborhood Find of the Week: One of the blocks in our neighborhood has this lovely mini lending library. I noticed that one of the residents had contributed a stack of academic theater journals: a theater geek just like me!
Theater & Kids Links of the Week:
- I absolutely love this two part series from New Victory: Anytime’s a Good Time to Introduce Your Child to the Arts. (Part 1, Part 2)
- Let’s Lasso the Moon has 5 Tips for Fostering a Lifelong Love of the Theater
- Read this post on Why Children’s Theater Matters
- This article argues that taking your kids to the theater improves brain performance. I agree!
- Hennepin Theatre Trust has 6 Tips for Taking Children to the Theater
Show of the Week:
This week I took Kiddo to see Mummenschanz and I’ll be writing a review for the blog shortly. Two years ago he pronounced it, “the best show I have ever seen!” and it’s safe to say that sentiment has not changed. Check out their touring schedule to see if they will be performing in your area.
Books of the Week:
Mom: A Tale Dark and Grimm. I’m finally getting to this much-lauded middle grade twist on the fairy tale world. The sequel is already out.
Kiddo: Most Valuable Skills in Chess. Chess is part of the NYC 2nd grade curriculum and Kiddo is loving it! (On the other hand, chess is one of the few games I don’t like!)
New Kid: This Moose Belongs to Me. This might have made my best picture books of 2012 list had we read it in time. A tantalizing blend of absurdity, cuteness and pathos.