Menorah of the Week: Hanukkah starts tomorrow at sundown. Will you be lighting the menorah? New Kid would not keep his hands off the menorah in order for me to take a picture, but I like this one best, anyway. See the map on the windowsill? That is my DIY doily to catch wax drips.
Hanukkah Ideas of the Week:
- This DIY menorah at Make: Craft using glass votives, tissue paper and a little modpodge is like have a stained glass rainbow in the window.
- If you like printables, Creative Learning Fun has a free pack of 113 Hanukkah-themed activity sheets to work on. 113: that’s a lot, people.
- I can never get my latkes to stick together. I gave up a few years ago an now I blissfully buy them at the shop down the street. But if you want to give it a go, Kid World Citizen has a Latke Recipe.
- If you don’t know much about Hanukkah (here’s a hint: it’s NOT the “Jewish Christmas”), Kveller, a Jewish parenting blog, has a number of posts on the subject.
- Don’t forget to see my Hanukkah Activities Pinterest board or follow me there for book and activity selections.
Blog of the Week: Boy Mama Teacher Mama is written by a mom of two boys ages 3 & 6 (I can relate). This past week she’s has a few posts on Hanukkah, including this one on Hanukkah for Kids (it includes a handy printout for playing dreidel).
Video of the Week: