Neighborhood Goodbye of the Week: Dear People’s Pops, we loved you all summer, stopping in for a pop always refreshed our spirits. We each had our favorites. Mine was canary melon-jasmine, Kiddo loved cantaloupe-basil and New Kid craved whatever was “red.” We will miss you as you shutter down for the season but will be first in line when you open up again in May.
Favorite Theater-themed Posts of the Week:
- Inner Child Fun has a wonderful post: How to Build a Simple Shadow Theater.
- This Turkey Finger Puppet at Busy Bee Kids Crafts is kind of hilarious.
- I think I might explode over the awesomeness of these easy to make Googly-Eye Puppets at Make and Takes.
- These Fall Leaf Finger Puppets at Crafts by Amanda are so crazy it’s hard not to love them. They are made out of toilet paper rolls! I mean really.
- Made by Joel has a Bat Marionette Puppet, including a pattern to download and print.
Books We Are Reading:
- Mom: Books from the 1950s. You’ll have to wait until Monday to find out which ones.
- Kiddo (age 7): Wayside School Is Falling Down
- New Kid (age 3): Cat Tale by Michael Hall.