Neighborhood Find of the Week:
Don’t you love this mini library in a local playground? It’s designed to resemble the famed local brownstones. Anyone can borrow books and you can come and donate your books by leaving them in the little windows. Plus, I love the couple in the doorway. It’s all so cute and so Brooklyn.
Book Posts I Loved:
- Over at Julia’s Bookbag, Melissa posted about one of my favorite books! Swedish Fairy Tales. I love all things Swedish and she even shows us the luscious illustrations.
- Pleasantest Thing, One Perfect Day, No Twiddle Twaddle and JDaniel4′s Mom have a Picture Book of the Day meme on their facebook pages. “Like” them to find out more.
- Playing By The Book has a great post on fold out books and creating long art which travels up the stairs.
Food I Want To Make:
- Root veggies are in season! I’m looking forward to some comfort food when I try these super yummy Vegetable Chips.
- I’m not eating sugar anymore, but this Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle includes all my favorite ingredients! Will I fall off the wagon?
Crafts I Want To Try:
- There are so many lovely autumn crafts out there and Pinterest is overflowing with them. This leaf and bead garland from Picklebums is definitely my favorite. I think the boys and I will make one while eating our homemade apple chips.
Blog of the Week:
- All for the Boys: I love all the easygoing fun at this blog about things to do with boys. But don’t be afraid if you have girls, of course they can enjoy it all just as much.
Books We are Reading:
- Mom: Kristin Lavransdatter. I fell in love with this Norwegian trilogy by Nobel Prize author Sigrid Undset in my early 20s. I’ve been wanting to read this new translation for years. It’s everything I hoped it would be.
- Kiddo: TIME For Kids Almanac 2013. What can I say? The boy loves his facts.
- New Kid: Machines Go to Work in the City. The title says it all.
What caught your eye this week?